Anamika Roy Rashtravar resigns as MD and CEO of IFFCO Tokyo General.

Anamika Roy Rashtravar has resigned as MD and CEO of IFFCO Tokyo General.

Anamika Roy Rashtravar, the first woman head of a large private general insurance company, has recently resigned from IFFCO Tokyo General Insurance Company Limited. 

Anamika Roy Resigns

Anamika Roy Rashtravar, the first woman head of a large private general insurance company, has recently resigned from IFFCO Tokyo General Insurance Company Limited. Rashtravar was appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of IFFCO Tokyo General last year. At that time the company said that she was the first woman MD and CEO of a large private sector general insurance company in India.

Anamika Roy Rashtravar resigns as MD and CEO of IFFCO Tokyo General.
Anamika Roy Rashtravar resigns as MD and CEO of IFFCO Tokyo General.

When contacted by IANS, Rashtravar confirmed his departure. According to the information, the company has appointed its financial advisor HO Suri as Managing Director and CEO.

The insurer’s MD and CEO has been updated as of October 2021 on Suri’s LinkedIn page. IFFCO Tokio is a joint venture between General Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative Limited (IFFCO) and Tokio Marine Group.

IFFCO holds 51 per cent stake in the company and the remaining 49 per cent is with Tokio Marine Group.

Also read: World Food Day 2021: Know the importance and theme of this day | Why is World Food Day celebrated?.