After 10 am, the trends of counting of votes have started coming to the fore. Along with Shiromani Akali Dal Delhi (Sarna) and Shiromani Akali Dal Delhi (Badal), Jago Party is also seen making its presence felt.
DSGMC Elections Result LIVE Updates:
Shiromani Akal Dal Badal has secured a clear majority by winning 26 seats out of the total 46 seats of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGPC). At the same time, the present DSPPC president Manjinder Singh Sirsa has lost the election. Manjinder Singh Sirsa expressed his happiness by showing the sign of victory to the media while exiting the counting center at Aryabhatta Institute of Technology, Ashok Vihar on Wednesday afternoon. He said that the people have once again given us a chance to serve by giving us a majority.
Counting of votes is going on since 8 am on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Shiromani Akali Dal Badal (SAD) has got majority in the DSGPC elections in terms of trends and growth, but bad news is also coming for it. DSGPC President Manjinder Singh Sirsa is trailing from his rival.
On the other hand, according to the latest information, where Shiromani Akali Dal has got absolute majority in the trends, Shiromani Akali Dal Sarna faction has lagged behind. Along with this, Jago, who is contesting elections for the first time, has also made a strong presence. At the same time, the counting is likely to be completed by 5 pm on Wednesday. After that the final results will be declared.
DSGMC Elections 2021 Result full details:
- Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee President Manjinder Singh Sirsa lost the election from Punjabi Bagh Ward 9.
- Sukhbir Kalra of SAD Delhi won by 121 votes from Wazirpur Ward II in Outer Delhi.
- Balbir Singh won by 978 votes from ward no 42 Dilshad Garden in Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee election
- Mahendra Pal Singh of SAD Badal won from Pitampura Ward 4.
- Baldev Singh of SAD Delhi won from Shakur Basti Ward 8 by a margin of 250 votes.
- SAD Badal’s women’s wing’s state president Ranjit Kaur is leading after two rounds from Santgarh.
- SAD Badal’s Sarabjit Singh Virk won from Rohini Ward 1 by 1119 votes.
- SAD Badal’s Gurpreet Singh Jassa won from Sarita Vihar.
- After three rounds, Manjit Singh Ghai of SAD Delhi (Sarna) from Krishna Park is leading by seven votes over SAD Badal’s Jagdeep Singh Kahlon.
The trends of 22 out of 46 seats are as follows.
- Shiromani Akali Dal ahead on Badal-15
- Shiromani Akali Dal Delhi (Sarna) – Leading on four
- wake-up on two
- one on the other
- SAD Badal’s state president Harmeet Singh is consistently ahead of Kalkaji.
- Shiromani Akali Dal Badal’s candidate leading from Rohini.
- Shiromani Akali Dal Delhi (Sarna) candidate leading from Hari Nagar ward.
- SAD Delhi (Sarna) candidate leading from Malviya Nagar after first round.
- After the first round, Manjit Singh GK, president of Jago from Greater Kailash is leading.
It is being told that the election results are expected to be declared by 2.30 pm on Wednesday. According to the local administration, CCTV cameras have been installed at each counting centre. The counting of votes will be videographed so that there is no dispute.
Elections are held every four years.,
As per the rules, elections to the DSGPC should be held every four years. But, due to some reason or the other, it is getting delayed. The first elections were held in 1974 and the second in 1979 but, after that, elections were held in 1995. Elections were also held in the year 2002, in the year 2007, in the year 2013 and in the year 2017.
In the year 2010, the Delhi Government made changes in Rule-14 of the Delhi Gurdwara Act 1971. As per the amended rules, only parties registered under the Societies Act can contest DSGPC elections. The registration of the contesting party should be at least one year old.