Nagaland Firing: Many of the dead were working in coal mines when security forces opened fire as they were returning home after work yesterday evening, locals said. They are angry that they have no links with terrorists.
A massacre took place in Nagaland. Security forces opened fire on civilians suspected to be terrorists (Nagaland Firing). It was initially reported that 14 civilians had been killed in the shootings. The incident took place on Saturday night in a voting village in Mon district. Tensions were high in the village after the shooting.
Locals resorted to violence in anger at the security forces. Concerns have been raised that innocent youths were beheaded by NSCN militants. Several vehicles belonging to security personnel were set on fire. Security forces reportedly opened fire once again to disperse the protesters . Others were injured in the shooting, locals said. Against this backdrop the village of Tiru became a gleaming fire. Tension ran high as to what would happen next.
Security forces opened fire with false information
Many of the dead were working in coal mines, and security forces opened fire as they were returning home after work yesterday evening, locals said. They are angry that they have no links with terrorists. Lamenting that they were killed with false information. There was some confusion over the death toll.
The unfortunate incident leading to killing of civilians at Oting, Mon is highly condemnable.Condolences to the bereaved families & speedy recovery of those injured. High level SIT will investigate & justice delivered as per the law of the land.Appeal for peace from all sections— Neiphiu Rio (@Neiphiu_Rio) December 5, 2021
Nagaland CM Strongly condemned the killing of innocent civilians
Authorities say six people were killed, while locals say a total of 14 people were killed. Nagaland CM Naipu Rio responded to the incident. That said it was an unfortunate incident. Tweeted that he strongly condemned the killing of innocent civilians. Expressed profound sympathy to the families of the deceased.
. Union Home Minister Amit Shah also expressed shock over the incident.
Anguished over an unfortunate incident in Nagaland’s Oting, Mon. I express my deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives. A high-level SIT constituted by the State govt will thoroughly probe this incident to ensure justice to the bereaved families.— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) December 5, 2021
The injured are expected to recover soon. Nagaland CM assured that the highest level SIT would investigate the shootings and bring justice to the victims. Please appeal to the public to exercise restraint.
Opposition groups called for a halt to the protests in Nagaland. Kill innocent people with false information? The security forces are angry. The votes of the people of Northeast India are deliberately .. whether their lives are counted or not. There is a lot of controversy over this issue at the moment.