Mostly in India has three major LPG gas cylinder suppliers, namely Indane, HP, and Bharat Gas. since LPG is a subsidized product, it is only available through its wide range of distributors. In this article I’m going to share how to book indane gas through SMS? and Some of the ways to book Indane Gas booking.
Indane Gas supplies cylinders to more than 63 million people across India, and for every two cooking gas cylinders sold, one of them is indane cooking gas. Daily, Indane distributes more than 1.2 million domestic cooking cylinders within the country.
Methods to book indane gas:
There are 3 ways to book indane cooking gas. such as
3. IVRS service
Now I will explain the proper steps to book indane gas for each option.
Booking indane gas through online:
1. To book the Indane Gas Cylinder online, you must be a registered customer of the Indane Gas. If you have not registered, you should provide details such as customer number, your LPG ID, PAN, ration card number, mobile number, and contact address.
2. After giving your login ID and password details you can log in to the Indane gas Portal. After you have successfully logged in, you can easily register the Indane Gas Cylinder online. To complete the process of booking online, you must provide your details and submit the form.
3. The order is then shipped to your local dealer, and you can pay the dealer for its delivery. You can track the status of your booking online through the Indane GAS Booking Portal.
Booking indane gas through SMS:
Even if you do not have an internet connection, you can book an LPG refill using the SMS feature provided by Indane.
1. If you are using the Indane gas SMS facility for the first time, you need to register on the online portal.
2. You will need to send your IOC to the IVRS number for your area.
3. For any subsequent bookings, you can send an SMS to IOC and send it to the concerned area number through your registered mobile number.
Booking Indane has through IVRS.
Indane gas has introduced the IVRS system in three languages- to its customers in your local language, Hindi and English.
1. Provide your STD code and the dealer’s phone number / mobile number.
2. The caller must provide the consumer number as soon as the dealer is identified.
3. Customers can specify the cash note of the last refill to find the consumer number.
4. After verifying your customer number through IVRS, the system will ask for the services you need. Available options / services-refill booking, complaint registration and last booking details.
5. If you wish to book a refill, you can select the option and your request will be filed and a booking reference number will be generated. The booking reference number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Booking indane gas through WhatsApp.
The general reservation number for LPG refills is 7718955555. This number is common for All India LPG refill bookings via SMS and IVRS.
1. When booking for an LPG gas cylinder, you must type REFILL in WhatsApp Messenger and send to 7588888824.
2. You can only do this from a registered mobile number.
3. You will receive a Delivery Authorization Code (DAC) via SMS.
4. Delivery of the cylinder is done only after the OTP is shared with the delivery person.
Ways to get a DAC number if not received by SMS:
When printing the customer’s booked delivery slip, the LPG cylinder will be delivered only after the customer shows the One Time Password (OTP) or Delivery Authorization Code (DAC) received via SMS on the registered mobile number.
The delivery boy delivers the cylinder after filling the OTP into the company’s application on his phone.
If the OTP does not come, customers can show their ID card and pick up the gas cylinder.
Delivery charges for indane gas delivery:
There is no need to pay and stop promoting corruption.
If there are any delivery charges, it will be clearly highlighted on the receipt they give you at the time of delivery. Please check carefully and opt out of any delivery charges.
Usually, if you book a gas cylinder online and paid on online mode, this online bill covers all fees and does not require delivery guys to pay delivery fees.
If the Indane gas company is very close to your area, still they are charging delivery fees, you can lodge a complaint online at – https://cx.indianoil.in/EPICIOCL/faces/GrievanceMainPage.jspx
How and where you should complain about the LPG dealers and cylinder leaking?.
18002333555-You can call this number for complaints such as delivery delay, subsidy not activated, LPG subsidy waiver, delivery mat charge, underweight cylinders, received non-home delivery.
1906-LPG Emergency Helpline – If gas leaks from the cylinder. This will immediately trigger the agency. Then it goes to the oil company field officer and then if there is no complaint at any point and it goes to the state head of the oil marketing company.
3 layers of Redressal system:
PSU oil companies have set up their own network to deal with consumer grievances across the country.
Each company applies its own IVRS in all metro cities. There are state-wise regional customer care centers where complaints can be registered. IGL has a 24-hour customer care center.
An emergency telephone number is provided by agencies at various locations.
Complaints can be made to the Nodal Officer of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRP) is the regulator in this area. It focuses on the regulation of consumer complaints.
The third layer (final hope).
The last step in accessing the consumer forum.
Time within which the LPG dealer should deliver a cylinder after booking:
Generally, a dealer is expected to deliver the cylinder within 48 hours after booking.If there is no stock, it is beyond his control.
The 21-day break rule existed a few years ago, but after the DBTL program, there was no such restriction. You can book a cylinder the day after your previous booking.
Automatic deactivation of your LPG connection:
If a consumer does not order an LPG cylinder for almost 6 to 8 months, they will deactivate your gas connection.
If you wish to reactivate your subscription, you must submit a form requesting the reactivation of the gas connection.
reactivating LPG connection.
The reactivation form for Indane has can be downloaded online or collected from the dealer’s office.
1. Name of the distributor.
2. Consumer number.
3. Full name of the consumer.
4. Reason for non-availability of refill for gas connection for more than six months.
5. Consumer signature.
1. Proof of identity.
2. Proof of address.
3. In case of a change of address, proof of current address should also be provided.
Upon successful verification of the details provided, the reactivation process will begin.
Disconnecting LPG connection if you are moving to a new city:
1. Log in to your LPG supplier website
2. Provide relevant details.
3. Ask the supplier to collect gas from your residential address.
4. If you have a permanent location in a new city, you will need to hand over your existing LPG connection and return the equipment to your distributor.
5. The dealer will give you a termination voucher and the initial security deposit will be refunded to you in the meantime.
6. After you move to your new city, you should contact your local HP has office with a security deposit and document charges.
7. Keep in mind that the transfer voucher is only valid for one year from the date of issue, and you will need to pick up a new link at intervals.
8. You will be provided with a new pressure regulator, subscription voucher and a new gas cylinder.
Surrendering your extra LPG cylinders will benefit the country’s economy, especially those living in rural areas.
How can a person staying in a rented house get an LPG connection?
1. The lease agreement of 6 months to 1 year will be accepted as proof of address for the connection.
Other Documents required for address proof:
1. Self-declaration of address, certified by Gazette Officer / Notary
2. Bank / Credit Card Report.
3. Phone Bill
4. LIC Policy
5. Voter ID or Ration Card (if available)
6. Aadhar / pan card / Driving License for I’d proof.