Fishing port projects are being implemented at Tharangambadi, Tiruvottiyur, Alagankuppam and Arcot.
tamil nadu budget 2021
Finance Minister Palanivel Thiagarajan has stated in the budget that studies will be carried out to set up fishing ports in 6 new places in Tamil Nadu at a total cost of 6.25 crore rupees.
Finance Minister Palanivel Thiagarajan released the Tamil Nadu budget. The full financial statement for 2021 – 2022 has been tabled in the Legislature. He said, “Tamil Nadu is a state with a long coastline and a large fishing community and is currently the second largest state in India in terms of marine fish production with a value of over 6000 crore rupees.
tamil nadu budget 2021 date.
A total of Rs. 303.66 crore has been allocated for the Fisheries Prohibition Relief Fund, Special Fund and Savings Relief Scheme for Marine Fishermen.
It has been announced in the budget of the Government of Tamil Nadu that a number of announcements and financial allocations have been made including 1000 dams, new ration shops and 6 new fishing harbors.
Tamil Nadu Budget (2021-22) – Palanivel Thiagarajan.
Finance Minister Palanivel Thiagarajan today presented the budget for 2021-22 in the Tamil Nadu Assembly. Finance Minister Palanivel Thiagarajan presented the Tamil Nadu budget amid protests by AIADMK members. The AIADMK then walked out of the assembly.
The government will expedite a special program for diversity in the conversion of boats from fishing trawlers to fishing nets and trawl systems in the Bagh Gulf region, and will promote alternative livelihood programs, including marine aquaculture, cage aquaculture and marine aquaculture.
Budget 2021 Tamil Nadu.
Fishing port projects are being implemented at Tharangambadi, Tiruvottiyur, Alagankuppam and Arcot. These will be completed in a hurry. A total of Rs. 6.25 crore will be spent on setting up fishing ports at 6 new locations. In collaboration with the Chennai Port Authority, the Kasimedu fishing port in Chennai will be upgraded at a total cost of Rs 150 crore. ” said.
After presenting the budget, he said,
The task of reclaiming the occupied lands will be expedited; A separate body will be set up for the management of public lands.
Tn Budget 2021 Highlights.
- Rs 9,370.11 crore has been provided as corona period relief.
- Funding for social security pensions has been increased to Rs 4,807 crore.
- Rs 8,437.57 crore will be allocated for food subsidy and new ration shops will be set up
- Tamil Nadu Water Resources Information and Management System will be implemented at a cost of Rs. 30 crore. The quality of 200 ponds will be upgraded at a cost of Rs 111.24 crore. Over the next 10 years, 1,000 dams and gates will be built.
- Reconstruction of water bodies at a cost of Rs. 610 crore will be carried out with the assistance of the World Bank
- An allocation of Rs. 6,607.17 crore for irrigation projects
- Studies will be carried out at a cost of Rs. 6.25 crore to set up fishing ports at 6 new locations
- 1,149.79 crore for the fisheries sector
- A climate change movement will be set up at a cost of Rs 500 crore
- India’s first integrated environmental monitoring center will be set up in Tamil Nadu
- 10 beaches will be upgraded to receive international blue flag certification in 5 years
- A total allocation of Rs. 150 crore for 5 years to improve the livelihood of wetland dependents