Pakistan was shaken early this morning by the tremors of the earthquake. Earthquake tremors were felt in Pakistan’s southern region of Harnai early today, in which at least 20 people are reported to have been killed. According to the National Center for Seismology, a 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck Harnai in Pakistan at around 3:30 am today. At present, the casualties are being assessed.
Earthquake In Pakistan Today.
Strong earthquake tremors were felt in South Pakistan early today. The epicenter of the earthquake was at 14 km NNE of Harnai, Pakistan.
Pakistan has been shaken by the tremors of the earthquake. Strong tremors were felt in southern Pakistan early on Thursday, killing at least 15 people. This earthquake occurred at around 3:30 am today, 14 km northeast of Harnai, Pakistan. Its intensity has been measured at 6.0.
“At least 15 people were killed in the earthquake in southern Pakistan,” AFP quoted disaster management officials as saying. According to the National Center for Seismology, an earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck 14 km NNE of Harnai, Pakistan at 3:30 am.
According to the news agency AFP, Pakistan’s disaster management officials informed that at least 15 people were killed in the earthquake that struck southern Pakistan early on Thursday. The head of Balochistan’s provincial disaster management authority told AFP that 15 to 20 people have been killed so far. The death toll may rise.
How to keep yourself safe during an earthquake?.
- If you are inside a building, sit on the floor and go under some sturdy furniture. If there is no table or such furniture, then cover your face and head with your hands and sit by hiding in any corner of the room. If you are outside the building, move away from the building, trees, poles and wires.
- If you are traveling in a vehicle, stop the vehicle as soon as possible and stay inside the vehicle.
- If you are buried in a pile of rubble, never light a match, do not move or push anything.
- If buried under debris, pat lightly on a pipe or wall so rescuers can understand your position. If you have a whistle, play it.
- Make noise only when there is no choice. Making noise can add suffocating dust and dust to your breath.
- Always keep a disaster relief kit ready in your home.
What to do in case of earthquake?
If you are at home after an earthquake, try to sit on the floor.
Or if you have a table or furniture in your house, then sit under it and cover your head with your hand.
Stay indoors during an earthquake and only go out after the tremors have stopped.
During an earthquake, turn off all power switches in the house.
What not to do when an earthquake occurs?
If you are out of the house during an earthquake, try to stay away from tall buildings and electric poles.
If you are at home during an earthquake, do not go out. Try to protect yourself where you are.
If you are in the house during an earthquake, stay away from doors, windows and walls.
Don’t forget to use the lift during an earthquake.