Today is the monthly Shivratri of Sawan. Worshiping Lord Shiva and doing Abhishek in this auspicious yoga will fill the life of Shiva devotees with complete joy. Learn worship method and importance.
Shivratri is a festival of confluence of Shiva and Shakti. Monthly Shivaratri is celebrated on the 14th day of Krishna Paksha every month according to the Hindu calendar.
Today’s Panchang has brought you an auspicious day and auspicious time. Today is Shravan Krishna Paksha. The date is Trayodashi. Today is monthly Shivratri. On this day special fruits are obtained by worshiping Lord Shiva. What is special in the Panchang, Acharya Vikramaditya is telling –
Day- Friday Month- Shravan is Krishna Paksha
and Tithi is Trayodashi
so today is Shivratri..
Nakshatra and Rahukaal.
Today is a very special Ardra Nakshatra. At the same time, Vajra Yoga has been made,
if you are going to do new work today, then know the auspicious time and from the rise of the sun to the night, Sarvartha Siddha Yoga. You can start any work by closing your eyes. Just avoid Rahukal which will be from 01:59 to 03.27 today.
Shivratri Of Sawan Month.
According to the Hindi Panchang, the festival of Masik Shivratri is celebrated on the Chaturdashi date of Krishna Paksha of every month. Among these monthly Shivratri, the monthly Shivratri that falls in the month of Sawan has special significance. The monthly Shivratri of Sawan is today i.e. on 6th August. On this day, Shiva devotees worship and perform Jalabhishek according to the law of Lord Bholeshankar and keep fast and take care of the whole God.
According to religious beliefs, worshiping Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati on this day fulfills all his wishes and the whole life of the devotee is filled with joy. Let’s know the auspicious time, worship method and importance for Sawan Shivratri Puja and Abhishek.
Auspicious time of Sawan Shivratri.
- Start of Krishna Chaturdashi Tithi of Sawan month : 06 August from 06.28 pm
- End of Krishna Chaturdashi Tithi of Sawan Month : 07 August at 07:11 PM
- Brahma Muhurta – Today on 6th August from 4:20 am to 05:03 am
- Abhijit Muhurta – August 6 from 12 noon to 12:54 pm
- Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga – Aug 7 06:38 AM to 05:46 AM
- Amrit Kaal – August 7 from 5:42 am to 07:25 am
- Nishita Muhurta – August 7 from 12:06 AM to 12:48 AM
- Worship Special : Worshiping Shivaratri in Nishita period is considered very auspicious.
Worship and Jalabhishek of Lord Shiva have a lot of importance on the day of Sawan Shivratri. It is a religious belief that worshiping Bholenath and Mata Parvati on this day fulfills all the wishes. All the troubles of the devotees are cut off. Married life becomes happy. Worship life becomes blissful.
Sawan Shivratri Puja Method.
- On the day of Sawan Shivratri, wake up before sunrise and take bath etc.
- Now you go to a temple and worship Lord Shiva and his family (Parvati, Ganesh, Kartik, Nandi).
- First of all, you should do Rudrabhishek of Shivling with water, pure ghee, milk, sugar, honey, curd etc. It is believed that by performing Rudrabhishek, Bholenath becomes very happy.
- Now offer Belpatra, Datura and Shriphal on Shivling. Keep in mind that the leaves should be cleaned thoroughly.
- Now you worship Lord Shiva with incense, lamp, fruits and flowers etc.
- While worshiping Shiva, you should recite Shiva Purana, Shiva Stuti, Shiva Ashtak, Shiva Chalisa and Shiva Shloka.
- You can have fruit in the evening. The worshiper should not take food.
- Worship Lord Shiva on the next day and open your fast after donating etc.